Sunday, February 24, 2008

Do More Shared Writing

Shared writing was always a little intimidating for me. I never viewed myself as a good writer. I worried (still do) about conventional errors and unfortunately, that sometimes gets in the way of my message. So...as a third and fourth grade teacher, I'm not sure that I did enough shared writing. I believe in the Optimal Learning Model and tried to follow it as I taught, however, I would always write out everything I was going to "model" in front of the students. I did my struggling students such a disservice considering I didn't model mistakes or how I handled not knowing what to write.

I love Regie's teaching tips on page 89 of Writing Essentials to refer to as you implement Shared Writing in your classroom.

1 comment:

Dayna Richardson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.