Thursday, April 3, 2008

Organize for Daily Writing

"The only way to "fit" writing in every day is to write all day across the curriculum. Don't separate "writing workshop" from other writing. Writing is writing-in math reading, science, and social studies; in journals, writing folders, or notebooks; on papers, charts, the computer." (pg. 184)

I love the saying that "WRITING CEMENTS KNOWLEDGE." That is the reason I always tried to make time for writing, even though I never felt as if I a proficient writing teacher. I seemed to shy away from shared writing because I didn't feel very confident as a writer myself. After reading this book (for the third time) , I take risks. I am a writer. I will continue to write and improve my writing skills!

1 comment:

Brenda Dunning said...

I also like the saying "Writing Cements Knowledge". It makes sense, topics that I have written about I remember the most. I had friends in college that would rewrite(not copy) notes they took in class. They said it helped them to remember the information better.